Licensed child development centers and family child care homes that are serving children birth to age five may volunteer to participate in Quality Start Los Angeles.
Participants must possess a child care license that is current for at least 12 months and be in
good standing* with California Community Care Licensing (CCLD). This means a licensed child development care center or family child care home currently does not have any of the following:
- A non-compliance conference;
- An administrative action taken or in the process of being taken (includes denied application, denied exemption, temporary suspension order, expedited revocation action, revocation action, or exclusion action that is being initiated, in process, or already taken); and
- A probationary license.
*See Health and Safety Code Sections 1596.773 and 1596.886. CA-QRIS, Consortium Implementation Guide.
If you’re interested in participating in Quality Start Los Angeles, fill out the appropriate application and self-certification of licensing compliance form below to get started.
- California State Preschool (CSPP) – Funded Application
- Non-State Funded Application
- Infant/Toddler (IT) – Funded Application
All applicants must complete the following licensing compliance form:
QSLA Coaching and Incentive Model
Disclaimer: All financial incentive amounts and availability, including stipends and block grants, are based on the year to year budget granted by the California Department of Education.
Quality Start Los Angeles providers receive:
- Coaching and support from multiple agencies to help you improve classroom quality and program administration.
- Professional development including training and resources for your staff and teachers, to support both staff and student needs.
- Strengths-based assessment from certified raters to help you build on your successes for sustained, gradual development.
- Financial incentives to enhance your classrooms and outdoor facilities to promote children’s language development, critical thinking and problem solving skills.