A Shared Responsibility. A Commitment to Quality.
- Quality Start Los Angeles (QSLA) is a comprehensive quality rating and improvement system (QRIS) that seeks to improve the quality of early learning programs throughout Los Angeles County.
- This initiative uses nationally proven methods to assess, improve, and communicate the quality of services provided by participating early learning programs.
- To date, the majority of states across the country use a QRIS.
- Currently, all 58 counties in California are participating in a quality accountability system.
- Through QSLA, participating providers receive guidance, support and resources to help improve their program quality over time.
- Currently, the basic health and safety standards of early learning providers are monitored by the California Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD). While these standards are essential to ensuring the health and safety of children in early learning environments, they are also recognized as representing the minimum in quality standards. The focus of Quality Start Los Angeles goes beyond what has been established and works towards raising the standard of quality early learning environments.
- Quality Start Los Angeles (QSLA) believes that children across the county deserve access to high quality programs that support a child’s development and engage families in the learning experience. By focusing on and assessing the quality of participating programs, QSLA is taking a step towards defining quality and highlighting the difference that quality makes in the development of a child.
Watch this short video to learn more
Quality Start LA Advocacy Resources
At Quality Start LA, we believe that every child deserves an equal opportunity to a quality educational foundation that will prepare them to grow, learn, and succeed. Support our cause with these resources.