Resources to Share with Parents
- Parent Information Brochure: Share this resource with families in your program to orient families to QSLA and get them engaged in the great work you are doing!
- Quality Start LA Resources for Parents – A collection of tools and useful information for families of young children.
Resources for Providers
- Coronavirus Resources for Early Educators : View the list of resources available for early educators to support on-going learning during Coronavirus closures.
- QSLA Fact Sheet: Provides simple information about QSLA
- Participation Diagram: Visual of what to expect during your first year of participation in QSLA
- Professional Development Overview: Introduces the trainings available for providers
- Family Education Flyer: An overview of QSLA’s trainings dedicated to parent engagement
- Provider Talking Points: Provides one-liners for providers to use while communicating with families and answering FAQs about QSLA
- Social Media Guide: How to use social media to showcase your participation in QSLA, including ideas and tips for posting about QSLA
- Introduction to Ratings: A brief introduction to the QRIS Matrix, CLASS, and ERS to help you understand QSLA assessments
- Early Education News Notes: Our round up of the latest local and national news that impacts early educators
- Educator Guides – Tips and activities to help you provide high-quality care
- Talking points for speaking to families in your program about your QSLA rating – English/Spanish
- QSLA’s Monthly Family Engagement Tip – Learn strategies to enhance family engagement at your program
- Families Read Together Workshops (LAPL)– Contact LA Public Library to set up a Family Literacy Workshop at your early learning program. This workshop series is led by an LA Public Librarian to help families learn to share the joy of reading with their children.
- Tips to Improve Your Classroom Environment – Optimizing the environment improves how children interact with the space, furnishings, learning materials, and even their educators.
- Childcare Providers’ VERY IMPORTANT Role in Early Intervention – Learn how to identify children who might need services and help their families get it for them as early as possible.
- Teaching Differences and Similarities to Children – Quality Start LA’s Me and My Friends e-book was created to help guide conversations about diversity and inclusion.
- Kindergarten Readiness Checklist – Use this checklist to identify the skills you can help children develop in order to prepare them for lifelong learning.
- QSLA Provider Discounts (English/Spanish)- Utilize about the numerous discounts from our generous early learning vendor partners to help your site maximize its QSLA incentive funds.
- QSLA Statement on Communicable Illness (English and Spanish)
You may be eligible to earn cash for going to school! If you are interested in applying for a stipend program, please click on the appropriate link below to learn more about the application process and eligibility requirements for each program available for 2019-2020:
Welcome to Quality Start Los Angeles (QSLA)! We are proud of the work your early learning program is doing on behalf of children and families in L.A. County. It is our mission to support you in all your efforts, which also includes aiding in your outreach and communications as a provider enrolled in QSLA.
The QSLA Brand and Messaging Guide gives you information so that all internal and external messaging related to your participation in QSLA are consistent and an outstanding reflection of the work you are doing at your site. In this guide, you can reference:
- How and when to use the QSLA logo
- Messages to support your communication about QSLA and the benefits of quality early learning
To download the QSLA Brand and Messaging Guide click here.
Click on the logo to download a .png version.
|GREY LOGO||TRANSPARENT LOGO|