Do I Qualify for QSLA?
- Is your program located in LA County?
- Are you a licensed child care program serving children birth to 5 years old?
- Has your program been in good standing with Community Care Licensing for at least 12 months?
- Do you agree to have your program assessed every 2 years?
- Are you and your staff excited to receive the benefits of QSLA including onsite coaching and incentives?
- Do you agree to have your Tier Rating posted on the QSLA website?
If you are interested in participating in Quality Start Los Angeles, fill out the appropriate application and self-certification of licensing compliance from below to get started.
All applicants must complete the following licensing compliance form:
Please note: New provider enrollment is based on available funding. All completed applications will be put on the waitlist.
Coaching and Incentive Model
Disclaimer: All financial incentive amounts and availability, including stipends and block grants, are based on the year to year budget granted by the California Department of Education.
Quality Start Los Angeles providers receive:
- Coaching and support from multiple agencies to help you improve classroom quality and program administration.
- Professional development including training and resources for your staff and teachers, to support both staff and student needs.
- Strengths-based assessment from certified raters to help you build on your successes for sustained, gradual development.
- Financial incentives to enhance your classrooms and outdoor facilities to promote children’s language development, critical thinking and problem solving skills.