No, this opportunity is exclusively for early learning programs who are not currently enrolled in QSLA.
Any licensed Family Child Care Home or non-state funded center (no CSPP funding) can apply for QSLA. You must be licensed and in good standing for 6 months before applying to participate in QSLA. Whether you’ve been in the early learning field for 6 months or 20 years, QSLA is for you!
Yes, you can re-enroll for QSLA if you are still a non-CSPP funded center or Family Child Care home that has been licensed and have been in good-standing for at least 6 months.
No, this new quality improvement model does not include an external observation and does not give a quality rating. All FCCs and non-CSPP funded providers newly enrolled in QSLA will participate in this new model.
There are a few ways that this model is similar to and different from the model for CSPP-funded sites or for those FCCs or private centers already participating in QSLA:
1. There is no formal assessment in this QSLA model that includes CLASS or Environment Rating Scale (ERS) assessments or other documentation submissions. Providers participating in this model will only complete a self-assessment.
2. This model is focused on the needs of your site and may not necessarily focus on the Quality Counts California Rating Matrix elements.
3. Providers participating in this model will have access to our new “Let’s Talk Quality” virtual learning series.
1. All QSLA providers have access to all QSLA professional development trainings, workshops, and learning communities.
2. All QSLA providers will have access to QSLA’s digital resources, website content, etc.
3. All QSLA providers will develop a customized Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) and receive a follow-up check-in each year to provide support and guidance on achieving those goals.
4. All QSLA providers will be supported with creating a profile on the California ECE Workforce Registry to help with attending and keeping track of all professional development trainings.
No, the incentive amount for all providers in this model will be the same and based on availability of funding at the time of enrollment.
The application should take only about 15 minutes and can be done in parts. If you need to stop working on the application, you can save and start again when it is more convenient.
Application instructions are available here: Center-Based Program (English), Family Child Care Home (English)
Click here for the NEW Family Child Care Application User Guide
Be sure to save your username and password after registering – you will need this to check the status of your application and/or update contact information at this link: QSLA Application
Once your application is complete, you will receive a notification that you have been placed on a waitlist. (Please check your spam folder, if you do not receive this notification in your main e-mail folder) If selected, you will be contacted about your enrollment at a later date.
If your program is not chosen, you will also receive an e-mail notifying you that your site has not been selected but will remain on the waitlist for the next enrollment period.