Interested in taking your program to the next level?
Join Quality Start LA Today!
Are you a family child care home or non-CSPP funded, center-based provider? Quality Start Los Angeles is enrolling NOW!
NOTE: If you have already submitted an application, you are currently on the waitlist. Please do not submit a new application. Existing QSLA providers DO NOT need to submit a new application to continue participating.
*To adhere with all current health and safety guidelines, all QSLA coaching and professional development services are being offered virtually, until further notice.
Quality Start Los Angeles (QSLA) has made a commitment to ensure equity across the LA County early learning system. As a result, QSLA has analyzed available data to identify high priority communities in Los Angeles County where QSLA will focus its enrollment efforts. QSLA’s goal is to ensure that its resources and services are focused on the early learning programs and communities that have traditionally received an uneven distribution of, or limited access to, programmatic supports and services.
Although providers in communities not identified as highest priority will have the potential to enroll in QSLA, we are offering priority access to providers in the designated areas first. Remaining slots will be offered to applicants based on the other identified enrollment criteria. To learn more about the criteria we use for enrolling new sites to QSLA, click here*.
One-on-one support from a highly trained program coach. Together, you will develop a customized Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) which maps out your goals for the year, with built-in accountability to help you achieve these goals!
- Unlimited access to cutting-edge professional development opportunities–offered in both English and Spanish!
- Training and technical assistance (T&TA) tailored to your program’s specific areas of interest.
- Access to QSLA’s self-paced training series, which includes topics such as:
- Developmental Screenings
- Professional Development
- Effective Teacher-Child Interactions
- Program Environment
- Program Leadership
- Family Engagement
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity
- Mindfulness and Self-care
- Peer-to-peer learning opportunities, so you can learn alongside and share successes and solutions with fellow early learning providers.
- Financial incentives, ($600/site, annually), based on grant funding availability
- A self-assessment to guide the services you’ll receive from QSLA. No formal assessment required.
Click the images below to download the PDF version of these flyers!
Q. Can I apply for this QSLA program if my site is already participating in QSLA?
A. No, this opportunity is exclusively for early learning programs who are not currently enrolled in QSLA.
Q. What types of providers can qualify for QSLA?
A. Any licensed Family Child Care Home or non-state funded center (no CSPP funding) can apply for QSLA. You must be licensed and in good standing for 6 months before applying to participate in QSLA. Whether you’ve been in the early learning field for 6 months or 20 years, QSLA is for you!
Q. Can I enroll in this new QSLA Quality Improvement model if I was previously in QSLA but withdrew or am no longer participating for other reasons?
A. Yes, you can re-enroll for QSLA if you are still a non-CSPP funded center or Family Child Care home that has been licensed and have been in good-standing for at least 6 months.
Q. Is this the same QSLA model that requires an assessment from UCLA?
A. No, this new quality improvement model does not include an external observation and does not give a quality rating. All FCCs and non-CSPP funded providers newly enrolled in QSLA will participate in this new model.
Q. I have friends whose sites are participating in QSLA; how is this QSLA model different from theirs?
A. There are a few ways that this model is similar to and different from the model for CSPP-funded sites or for those FCCs or private centers already participating in QSLA:
1. There is no formal assessment in this QSLA model that includes CLASS or Environment Rating Scale (ERS) assessments or other documentation submissions. Providers participating in this model will only complete a self-assessment.
2. This model is focused on the needs of your site and may not necessarily focus on the Quality Counts California Rating Matrix elements.
3. Providers participating in this model will have access to our new “Let’s Talk Quality” virtual learning series.
1. All QSLA providers have access to all QSLA professional development trainings, workshops, and learning communities.
2. All QSLA providers will have access to QSLA’s digital resources, website content, etc.
3. All QSLA providers will develop a customized Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) and receive a follow-up check-in each year to provide support and guidance on achieving those goals.
4. All QSLA providers will be supported with creating a profile on the California ECE Workforce Registry to help with attending and keeping track of all professional development trainings.
Q. Will the incentives for this new QSLA model be based on a rating?
A. No, the incentive amount for all providers in this model will be the same and based on availability of funding at the time of enrollment.
Q. How long should the application take to complete?
A. The application should take only about 15 minutes and can be done in parts. If you need to stop working on the application, you can save and start again when it is more convenient.
Q. What do I do if I have questions about how to complete the application?
Q. Is there a way to check the status of my application or update contact or other information after I’ve completed it?
A. Be sure to save your username and password after registering – you will need this to check the status of your application and/or update contact information at this link: QSLA Application
Q. What happens after I submit my application? What are next steps for my enrollment?
A. Once your application is complete, you will receive a notification that you have been placed on a waitlist. (Please check your spam folder, if you do not receive this notification in your main e-mail folder) If selected, you will be contacted about your enrollment at a later date.
If your program is not chosen, you will also receive an e-mail notifying you that your site has not been selected but will remain on the waitlist for the next enrollment period.
Quality Start Los Angeles (QSLA) is Los Angeles’ county-wide system that partners with early learning providers to build upon and improve the quality of care they provide to children birth to five, ensuring children are nurtured in a high quality environment, ready for school, and prepared for life.