If your program does receive California State Preschool Program (CSPP) funding, click here to learn about the Comprehensive Model.
The Fundamental Model serves licensed Family Child Care Homes and child care centers that are not funded by the California Department of Education’s California State Preschool Program (CSPP). This is a Quality Improvement (QI) model; there is no rating or assessment as part of the Fundamental Model.
Below are some additional details about this program. In this program, participants:
- Work with a qualified early learning coach to develop a Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) and action steps, based on their program’s needs and goals.
- Meet with their coach at least 2 times per year via phone, Zoom, or other virtual meeting space to towards their goals, ask questions and receive support. Other support is provided, as requested, via e-mail or phone calls, sharing of resources, etc.
- Have access to ALL QSLA resources, including any available trainings, early learning resources, community partnership benefits, family resources, website resources, etc.
- Are voluntarily enrolled in QSLA’s self-paced training series focused on the 12 ECE Competencies, “Why Quality?”
- Receive an annual $600 incentive to spend on items or resources used for improving the quality of their program.
- Are automatically re-enrolled every year.