Quality Start Los Angeles (QSLA) is Los Angeles’ (LA) county-wide Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) designed to empower early learning providers to build upon and improve the quality of care they provide to children birth to five.
Like the early learning providers who participate in QSLA, we are driven by the desire to continuously evaluate and improve the quality of the offerings we provide. Our goal is to share the processes, reports, and data on the elements of QSLA we have evaluated, as well as the ways we have modified our collective-impact model as a result of these findings.
QSLA Process Evaluation (2016)
In 2016, QSLA contracted with Helen Chavez Consulting Group to conduct a process evaluation designed to obtain input from QRIS administrative agencies and California State Preschool Program (CSPP) administrators about QSLA’s implementation.
The evaluation focused on:
- The enrollment of CSPP providers
- The incentives QSLA offers to participating providers
- The collaborative process between QSLA implementation partners
Data collection activities included:
- Administrative data analysis
- Focus groups with CSPP Program Directors
- Interviews with QSLA Leadership Team members
- Online survey of CSPP Program Directors
The results of the process evaluation informed improvements in QSLA’s approach to provider onboarding, enrollment, incentives, and collaboration amongst QLSA implementation partners.